What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text, image or software files that are stored on your computer, smartphone or any other device that you use to browse on the Internet and go to websites. They are very useful in that they allow a website to identify you, indicate when you click on a page, and based on this, offer you an additional service: improve your browsing experience, secure your connection, or customise the content of a page to match your interests.
The information that is stored by cookies (for a limited period of time) includes for instance pages that you visited, ads that you clicked on, the type of web browser you are using, your IP address, and information that you entered on a website to save you from having to type it again.
What kinds of cookies are used on the gfi.world website?
These cookies gather information anonymously when you visit our site. Their purpose is to analyse browsing behaviour on the site in order to optimise it.
Your choices in terms of cookies
Cookies are there to improve your browsing experience on our website. By continuing your visit on the gfi.world site, you agree to have cookies saved on your device. You can cancel this decision at any time by blocking cookies.
You can set your browser preferences to block cookies.
Blocking or disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing certain site features.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to the “Tools” menu and choose “Web Options”
2. Click on “Privacy”
3. Use your cursor to choose the level you want
- In Mozilla Firefox
1. Click the menu button then choose “Options”
2. Select “Privacy”
3. Choose how long cookies are to be stored
- In Google Chrome
1. On your computer, open Google Chrome.
2. At the top-right, click More Settings.
3. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
4. In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
5. Use the "Cookies" section to change your settings
- In Safari
1. Click on “Safari”
2. Choose “Preferences”
3. Click “Privacy” and choose the level you want.