Biological Resources Centres (BRC) and other institutions which store and preserve biological samples are subject to inventory, identification, tracking, storage and search regulations. What's more, users often work on a number of sites with various aims, e.g. tumour banks, plasma banks, cell banks, DNA banks, biobanks, virus banks, etc. In these cutting edge fields, IT tools must offer a complete solution to guarantee security and traceability.
eDataBiotec® is a simple and effective way to manage samples
A close collaboration with experienced BRCs has resulted in an IT tool combining powerful features and an easy-to-use graphic interface. Gfi eDataBiotec® is the simple, configurable solution, removing the need for unnecessary or redundant typing. Users can expect to experience substantial time savings and optimum reliability.
Gfi’s eDataBiotec® can adapt to the various needs of every user, and offers optimum performance levels in the processing of collection and study data; swabs, samples, and other derived fragments; patients and subjects; containers; centres, contributors and sites. It offers 360° coverage to meet all healthcare requirements.
As well as handling management and sample inputs, it also offers a range of features including multi-site management, fine-tuning of access rights and user rights, multi-criteria searches, a data import and expert module and catalogue management for an efficient, smooth and powerful user experience.
The main benefits for the user are security, simplicity, flexibility, interoperability and traceability of data. These guarantee performance in a very sensitive sector.
A comprehensive set of features for optimum efficiency
Collection and storage of information
- Data collection, for samples from humans or other subjects (animals, plants, viruses, etc.)
- Multi-site and multi-collection management
- Traceability of operations on samples, auditing
- Management of non-compliance at all levels, a combination of corrective and preventative actions and consideration given to exemptions
- Consent management, alert system for the legal age of a subject
- Ad hoc or regular import of samples
- Automatic catalogue compilation in line with compliance criteria
- Public catalogue consultation interface
- Disclosure request form
- Consent and embargo
- Creation of customised pages (input of clinical, biological and anapathological annotations)
- Multi-criteria searches
- Data export
- Printing of bar code labels with specific printers
Interoperability with a range of systems
- GAM: Administrative Illness Management
- SIH: Hospital Information System
- SGL: Laboratory Management System
- Automatons, robots, etc.
- HL7 format