How do you establish an e-commerce platform able to meet time-to-market constraints and to drive 20% growth? That was the challenge presented to Gfi by a cosmetics group, which positioned the digital channel as one of the strategic avenues for its revenue growth.
Our client’s goal was to achieve 20% growth through upgrading their information system, and in particular their e-commerce platform. The challenge facing Gfi Informatique was considerable, especially since it required an overhaul of the platform’s design and underlying technology, while promoting the various cosmetic businesses and enhancing the user experiences associated with the products, tips – in particular mobile – across all countries.
A sustainable and robust solution
In order to support this client’s new digital strategy, Gfi Informatique designed and built an SAP Hybris platform from end to end. In particular, the Group managed to integrate the platform into the client’s overall environment – both digital and legacy – with tools such as Tag Commander, Adobe, Avanseo, Bazaarvoice and Compario. The use of agile methods has enabled faster development fully in line with the client’s requirements.
In addition, Gfi Informatique is responsible for the maintenance, operation and hosting of this platform, which will enable the cosmetic group’s transition to a cross-channel approach for all its subsidiaries worldwide. The result is a sustainable, robust solution currently implemented in France and Russia, which will eventually be shared by all subsidiaries, in accordance with the client’s expectations in terms of optimised operating costs via the industrialisation of the solution.
Satisfying all requirements and uses
A unique platform to be implemented in 23 countries for five of the Group’s brands:
- Multi-brand and multilingual solution taking specific local features into consideration,
- secure payment systems by country,
- delivery and publication methods suited to each location,
- automated deployment by geographic area.
A specific product and business model-oriented approach:
- Promotion and gift management system,
- website suited to the type of beauty products (product sheet),
- make-up chart,
- beauty care diagnosis (web/store),
- possible customisation of the website and profiling features.
- Responsive web design to ensure proper display on desktop, mobile and tablet devices,
- dedicated mobile site,
- email management in responsive web design.
A cross-channel, consolidated view of the client:
- Possibility of taking control of the client’s cart,
- 360° view of the client at all times.